Sunday, March 30, 2014

Progress Report.

Assalamualaikum. 
So it has been a few months after I posted this. 
The first.

and this.

The second.

Also, from the previous blog post(s), 
not the posts on Facebook 
I have particularly highlighted
on how I want to restructure the way I do things 
because I feel the progress isn't very significant. 

Now, after a few months 
I might as well have a few things to report 
Even though I know 
there's still long a way to go. 

But, firstly, the clarification. 
Why am I setting up such goals 
to be achieved throughout this academic year? 
This is due to the fact 
that I've realized what I would do 
and what I should and capable of doing. 
I want to be closer to my Lord. 
I want to allocate money for my future; 
wanted to keep some to reopen my old man's business. 
I want to secure better grades 
for they say "better grades mean better future" 
and better ego too, haha I'm joking
Yet, I don't really know how to work things out. 
So I decided to carve my own path 
and work it till I find some concrete leading. 
Hence, the first post as indicated on the first pic
I would say that is my first carve. 
The second one serves as my lead. 
So far, so good. 

Might as well say it worked right? 
Well, not really. 
I missed a few steps as the last semester progressed to its end 
and sadly enough 
I flopped badly. 
Kind of whacked my own ass. 
Maybe I'm exaggerating things. 
At least, it was not according to my expectations, yeah. 
I worked, but I worked inconsistently. 
Tried to start a business with a partner, but it didn't went smoothly.
I studied, but I studied lazily & last-minutely. 
I kind of wasted money too. This is typical. 
I kept a diet, but it went yo-yo. Again, like always. 
The recitation's going slowly as well. 

"Heck, this can't be happening. Not any worse." 
With that in mind, I went back to my thinking chair. 
Put more efforts into the practical. 
Restarted Semester Six with a lot of determination, 
though shaken. 
With thoughts like 
"Boleh buat ke ni?"  
"Nak menghadap orang nanti cemana?" 
"Kalau tak jadi jugak nanti mana kau nak letak muka?" 
Sometimes being too humane "helps" you to go negative easier. 
I admit it was a disgrace for me 
who is a self-motivated person to begin with.
So I turned those thoughts upside down 
decided to give it my all, 
give it my best. 

Little do I want to report about HOW HARD 
I was working it out. Duhh. 
We shall look at how far have we reach, anyway. 
Going through the list... 
To begin with, financially. 
I paid debts, quite a handful of them, not all. 
I spared some for my June internship. 
I invested, even got cheated. 
Now I restarted all over again 
in order to secure my capital 
and get some profit "nak bagi sedap hati punya pasal". 
Still trying to read more 
while collecting more courage 
to set up a business on my own accord. 
The target's on month 9. Don't know if I can make it. 


Academically... 
I tried not to skip any class. 
I tried to force myself to write something 
each and every time the lecturer speaks
I tried not to do things at the last minute 
because I hate the misery of having an unsatisfactory quality of work 
upon doing it at the very last hour of the clock. 
Still no group studying. 
Didn't think it would work in my environment, at least. 
Now the mid term's coming 
really hoped that I would do them papers nicely 
and that I won't grow lazy nails anywhere. 
Selalunya masa-masa tengah sem nilah 
nak pergi berjalan merendek main-main bagai. Zzz 

In terms of health... 
Lesser rice & more greens 
in each & every meals. 
Problem is 
I can't get enough of the auntie's nasi ganja 
being sold just out of my residential college 
but I tried to tone it down, at least. 
While I'm eyeing for closer ties with the Lord as well 
I tried to fast more frequently. 
Ikat nafsu tu sikit, jimat duit sikit, dapatlah kurang makan sikit, heh
Three birds killed with one stone. 
Then again, my priority is clear. 
The Lord. 
Regarding the recitation progress 
currently I'm doing surah Yunus. 
Quite slow, but I'm still trying to regulate more on that too. 

Others... 
Closer monitoring on English Debate Club 
as an "acting" active member, perhaps? Teehee.  
Joined Enactus UniMAP under the Marketing Department. 
Lesser involvement in the varsity Brass Band 
since I hardly practiced on the new instrument :/ 
Tried equestrian this semester. Slightly fun so far! 
Closed old Facebook account, made a new one 
for a better social network management 
(Yea I lost control of the old one, too bad) 
Planned to go for a new gadget (or maybe two) 
Provided murah rezekilah, kalau tak duduk diam-diam jelah
Made a new email for professional uses. 
That makes them three email accounts presently. 
As for the other two, I think I'm going to keep them for now.. 
specifically the one I used for the blogging persona at the moment. 
Anyhow, pray that I can get even more significant progress afterwards.. 
any ideas on starting up the business especially, 
is highly regarded. 
Since it's the only thing that's hardly exhibiting 
a nearly linear relationship with respect to time 
I guess so. 
Hopefully I can post relevant pictures 
if I am to do another progress report in the future. 
Till then. 
Doakan jika mahu. 
Biarkan jika rasa tidak perlu. 

2 comments:

  1. this is an inspiration to me, Afiq :) May Allah bless every single step you take towards the greater good, and I hope this will be an inspiration for me to be a better person too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, Amin! Also, thank you :) Let's be a better person altogether.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...